Thursday, April 28, 2016

Gorgeous weather and photographic ramblings...

Missouri Botanical Gardens
There is so much that I want to document here.  Sometimes I'm stymied by the problem of wrapping the photos and projects into some kind of coherent and thoughtful commentary...  maybe I need to take the pressure off and just share more photos.  (You might think so too after you read this brief but rambling post...)














This spring has been just beautiful.  We've been spending so much time outside, in our yard, at the Botanical Gardens, at my rural home.  And in the evenings, I've been knitting, spinning and sewing.  It's been a great balance.
Urban Garden

I listened to a podcast the other day about the declaration of "being busy".  And I know I just did that in this space.  And it felt cliched.  And the podcaster and her interviewee talked about how busy-ness is really just making time for all the things that you want to do.  And I liked that idea... it's not that someone doles out a list for me each morning as I stumble out of bed of things to do.  These are the activities of the path that I've chosen and our family has chosen... we are lucky that they are all engaging and positive things.

So, I guess if I'm being more honest and straightforward about all this busy-ness, it's all self created.  I get great joy out of our family time, watching the girls in their extracurricular activities and school, carving out time with my better half and also finding professional success at work. And I would be remiss if I didn't mention the hobbies and the activity of trying to chronicle them on this blog.

That's our busy... and it's self inflicted and good.

No comments:

Post a Comment