Monday, August 21, 2017

Then it was spring...

Springtime weather rolled around like it usually does, with some rain and a big greening.  My better half and I spent a beautiful long weekend with some good friends in North Carolina at John C. Campbell folk school.  It was a fun and relaxing experience for me, and an exciting introduction to a new found hobby for him.  I think he's taken to blacksmithing.

John C. Campbell Blacksmithing Shop

Noisy, hot and filled with enthusiasm

We came home to find flowers blooming and before we knew it easter was upon us and our girls gleefully engaged in more outdoor fun with their cousins.

Babe in the woods

Serious about egg hunting

Motoring along with a wagon load
of littles

Barn bones

Grape Hyacinths

Double Daffodils

Pink!
Japanese tree peony

The small fry attended her first father daughter dance. And the report after the fact was that she burned up the dance floor with those merry little feet.  No wall flower in this house... The thought of it now, months later fills me with teary pride and the bitter sweetness of how independent and confident she is and how fleeting these years are.  We're soaking up as much as we can around these parts.

Growing up before our very eyes...
The spring of 2017 also goes down as the best mushroom hunt of my life.  I think I've finally got the knack.  I think my dear dad and I scored probably 8 pounds of fresh morels.  So fun, and after a good washing, so delicious. Aren't they beautiful?

The spoils of our springtime hunt

Casting on
On the knitting front, I started the " Find your fade" shawl, written by Andrea Mowry.  I had every intention of using up my yarn stash in this project, and I won't ruin the end of the story, but I'll just say that my intentions, although true in the beginning, didn't hold to the end.  The end result is better for it.  More on that soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment