Sunday, December 24, 2017

Merry and Thankful

Only five blog posts this year are leaving me feeling like I've missed the mark a little.  But in reality our family has had a really lovely year.  We have so much to be thankful for this year.  We are all healthy and gainfully employed.  We've enjoyed the community that we live in and we've spent a good amount of time with the people and in the places that we love.


Our girls are thriving.  They are curious and energetic.  They're perfecting sisterly bickering and have also displayed an unwavering defense of each other when the opportunity for defense is called for. We've watched their skills advance in reading, swimming, karate and socializing.  They are both in school this year for the first time.

It's been a year too of big commitments to our work, time spent and also effort to learn about new parts of the businesses that we are in.  It's been challenging and exhausting and sometimes demanding, but extremely rewarding.  I feel so very lucky to even have the opportunity to expand horizons and be surrounded by people for whom I have so much professional respect.

Our holiday break is off to a lovely start.  As I sit here on Christmas eve, it's snowing.  And for that I am so thankful.  Heaven to me is like the set of the 1942 movie Holiday Inn... snow falling, fireplaces and good company in a warm house.  Our presents are wrapped, the meal for tomorrow is prepped and ready to be slid into the oven and two small people are all hopped up on holiday excitement.

I hope that you and yours have a very merry holiday and that all of our new years are full of the best, and most basic pleasures.  Enjoy some warmth and company... all my best.


No comments:

Post a Comment