Friday, February 5, 2016

Not so much a resolution...

...more just something to be mindful of. This year, I've been thinking about maybe being a little more intentional about using and enjoying what we have. Not just our things, but our life as it is right now, these girls, these jobs, our family and friends. It's a pretty broad idea, but intentionally so.

It seems that it is so easy to get caught up with keeping up.  And not in the luxury-items way so much for me, but in the "that's beautiful, I should buy the materials for that" kind of way.  Or, "why doesn't my home look pristine and as if it's self cleaning"? This year I think I'm going to be a little more mindful of starting projects that are already in the queue, be a bit less of a consumer, and waste less in general. And I'm going to do my best to try and enjoy the fact that a house full of little bodies and active imaginations means that sometimes there are chalk marks on the wall, and the bath water is rarely confined to the tub (among other things).

With that in mind, I'll share what is in the works at the moment...

Scrappy Log Cabin
and again.
I've got a quilt top nearly finished for the peanut, that is literally all from scraps... most of this was a remnant from a baby garment or some other project.  So far the only thing I've purchased is the twin size quilt batting and I still need to get a piece of yardage for the backing.

"Parker Head" Pullover by Amy Herzog
The other project, which has been coming along at a really fast pace (for me) is this sweater.  I took a custom fit class with Amy Herzog over 18 months ago, and have had this yarn stored in a box for 4-ish years... they were of course not originally intended to be used together, but nevertheless, here they are, with a shared fate.  (Good news, I've tried it on without the neck knit, or the blocking done and it's definitely going to fit... alert the media!)

I'd share the state of disorganization of the bathroom or the total chaos that is the toy closet (that I'm allegedly coming to peace with) but that's probably best left between these walls.

And next on the docket?  I'm not exactly sure.  I have a play room to paint, which I have most of the supplies for, and a piece of paper cutting in mind for the office wall, and another plan to make a wall hanging for the peanut's room, and then there is the fact that neither girl has curtains, and the yarn stash, well, that's a whole other blog post.  But see... this isn't going to be so hard.  There is more than enough to keep me occupied.  Have a wonderful weekend friends.

XO
F-

No comments:

Post a Comment