Monday, July 4, 2016

Drab green for miles...

I've finally finished up a project that I purchased in the spring of 2015.  I saw a beautifully knit sample when I was in Syracuse NY, and decided that it would make a great addition to my winter wardrobe.  The yarn – WoolFolk Tynd – is wonderfully soft.  And the finished object is interesting and something I think I can easily dress up or down.
Finished knits and skinned knees

Miles and miles of drab green stockinette later I was ready to crochet 372 miles of vertical lines down this shawl.  Okay.  Maybe not 372 miles, but it felt like it.  I'm not good with the crochet hook... I can't look away, and it feels a little unnatural to me.  But I mustered through and I do love the finished piece.
BYGGE
So soft and lovely

Now that this is done I plan to focus on some spinning... I've got some beautiful Targhee from Nest fiber that I'm half through.
Nest Fibers – May 2016
"Garden Party" Targhee wool
Singles waiting for plying
And betwixt and between, I'll be working with Crave Yarn One and a new lightweight cardigan for the small fry.

Have a lovely start to your July.




No comments:

Post a Comment